LatinoLEAD is a growing network of leaders that empowers Minnesotan Latinx to have a greater social impact through collaboration, power building, and leadership development. Our 1,500+ members and partners have wide-ranging backgrounds and beliefs, but stand unified behind the goal of improving the quality of life for Latinx across the state.
At LatinoLEAD we envision a world where our Latinx community of all stages of their career are civically engaged, connected, supported, and seen as a vital voice of influence nationwide. We facilitate social, professional, and policy reform through impactful convening, coalition building, and strategic leadership development. As a statewide organization, we believe in a Minnesota where all people can achieve prosperity.
OUR MISSION, OUR VISION: BUILDING LATINX POWER
The mission of LatinoLEAD is to create innovative strategies to drive and define policies and perceptions that advance Latinx collective influence, success, and power. Our core values of Leadership, Equity, Achievement, and Diplomacy inform our community-centered approach to achieving this goal.
We meet our mission by cultivating our network’s collective power in a unified way to help improve the quality of life for Latinx across all sectors statewide by doing the work in the following key areas:
• Leadership Enhancement and Advancement
• Community Education and Civic Participation
• Networking and Community Building
• Partnership and Collaboration
The Associate Director acts as a crucial link to our membership through their role as lead facilitator and coordinator of LatinoLEAD’s workgroups, action teams, and programs. In this role, the Associate Director develops processes and systems to support our engaged members, partners, and volunteers.
Working closely with the Executive Director and in partnership with our LatinoLEAD team, the Associate Director is responsible for strong organizational systems, program development and management, supervising outside contract support, assistance in writing foundation grant proposals and reports, communicating with members, and helping build the infrastructure necessary for our overall financial management.
Administrative and Financial Management (30%)
• Responsible for leading and tracking of our annual budget by providing reports and making adjustments as necessary for the sustainability and growth of the organization
• Coordinate financial management with fundraising and development activities of the organization and support the work of the contract accountant
• Manage fundraising and donation reporting to ensure the organization is operating effectively and in compliance with all laws and regulations
• Grow the organization’s sustainable business model and support the development and implementation of fundraising strategies
• Serves as the organization’s lead administrator in the absence of the executive director
Program Development (30%)
• Lead facilitation for LatinoLEAD’s workgroups and action teams
• Support the coordination, logistics, and curriculum development for the launch of our leadership development program
• Identify and develop appropriate resources and partners to achieve program goals and objectives
• Document community input, survey results, and program data for reporting purposes
• Identify collaborators and funders to support program implementation
• Ensuring the smooth operations of the organization’s key day-to-day functions
Strategic Planning (20%)
• Provide support in development of organizational strategic planning process
Identify key stakeholders to engage and obtain feedback from in strategic planning process
• Document and create effective presentations/communications to multiple audiences
Member and Stakeholder Growth and Engagement (10%)
• Support and meet the goals of our communication plan
• Effectively use social media and other communication vehicles to grow the number of individuals and organizations actively participating in, and supporting, our network and programs.
• Provide consistent, energizing messaging, and leadership to existing and potential stakeholders, including those typically not engaged in our network.
Board of Directors Support (10%)
• Provide accurate and timely analysis of the organization’s budget and trends in order to assist the • Executive Director and the Board of Directors in performing their fiduciary responsibilities
• Support in the planning of board retreats
• Respond to inquiries and referrals from members of the board of directors
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Excellent financial literacy background with experience in fundraising and budget management
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to build and maintain solid professional relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to make effective presentations to groups of people
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively, exercise good judgment and pay close attention to detail
• Must be technology savvy and be able to creatively utilize virtual platforms for communicating the work of the organization and soliciting support
• Two to four years of related experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector, with finance and program management responsibilities
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend the Spanish language
HOW TO APPLY: Please email a detailed letter (no more than 1 page) highlighting your interest and qualifications for the role, and your resume to email@example.com. Please use the following subject line title: Associate Director Application (FIRST AND LAST NAME).
SALARY & BENEFITS: $65,000-$70,000 (health benefits will be available).
LOCATION: LatinoLEAD prioritizes the safety of its employees and therefore, our staff has the flexibility to work remotely. Offices are located at 797 East 7th Street (Suite #151), Saint Paul, MN 55106.
ORGANIZATION WEBSITE: https://latinoleadmn.org/