Information About Unemployment in Minnesota
Currently in Minnesota there is a delicate situation in critical work sectors due to the corona virus. Although the country and the world are not the exception, it is important that, when residing in Minnesota, you know the information about Unemployment in MN being able to opt temporarily for the payment of unemployment in that state.
Unemployment benefits in Minnesota can be multiple, but it is of vital importance to know how to apply and what the requirements are to receive such benefits.
The procedure for choosing unemployment benefits is often similar from state to state. However, each state may have different requirements and the amount you will receive in terms of unemployment.
In this article, we will go over information about unemployment in MN and how to apply for unemployment benefits during the pandemic.
Information on Unemployment in MN: How to Apply for Unemployment Payments
As a group of more than 380,000 people sought information about unemployment in MN in mid-March due to the coronavirus pandemic, local and federal governments have exercised programs and added to those already in place so that those economically affected can move forward.
To know how to apply for this payment or benefit you must have been laid off from the occupation or be working fewer hours due to causes beyond your control. At the same time, it may be the case that you were fired from your job due to honest mistakes or skills mismatches. Yes, you can still apply for this assistance.
You must apply for Minnesota Unemployment Insurance in English. Then go to the «Applicants» option and then «Apply for Benefirt» which is located on the left menu.
At the same time, if you are unable to visit this website, you can call 651-296-3644 if you live in the Twin Cities area or 1-877-898-9090 if you live outside the Twin Cities area. Are you hearing impaired? Then call 1-866-814-1252. All three are toll-free and if you speak Spanish you should press «2» in all cases.
If you are looking to send mail you can do so at:
Unemployment Insurance Customer Service
P.O. Box 75576
St. Paul, MN 55175-0576
The requirements for unemployment payments in Minnesota
The requirements for unemployment payments in Minnesota are as follows:
- Have attached your past earnings or the most recent four calendar quarters or the first four of the most recent five quarters before you appeal this application.
- Identify the reason for the unemployment. Dismissed without cause, loss of job due to downsizing or economic reasons, dismissed for other reasons such as poor skills or not fitting into the occupation.
- Availability and ability to work.
What is the approximate amount for unemployment payments in Minnesota?
They may vary however the approximate amounts are:
- Cash of $600 for each qualifying adult and $600 more for each child age 16 or under.
- An additional $300 per week in combined unemployment benefits.
- Loans for small businesses or those who are self-employed (In Ginlés self-employed).
- Provisions to receive a coronavirus vaccine.
The Cares Act is a second Coronavirus Relief Act, and is a series of benefits for people who have been financially affected by the pandemic (Layoffs), you can learn more about it by clicking here.